[swift-evolution] Proposal: Re-instate mandatory self for accessing instance properties and functions

Colin Cornaby colin.cornaby at mac.com
Fri Dec 4 17:29:41 CST 2015

+1

I've had a lot of weird things happen that I've traced to mistakes in properties having the same name as function arguments. I've hardly ever had this issue in modern Obj-C.

I'm a little more ok with functions not needing self as it's less likely for those to shadow something like an argument, but I guess the consistency would be nice too.