[swift-evolution] Proposal: Protocol methods should accept default arguments

Ben ben_cocoa_dev_list at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 13:06:36 CST 2015

Thank you Felix and Sean for the advice. I am happy to cautiously withdraw my suggestion, since this is a mostly acceptable workaround. The only hiccup appears to be with where inline documentation should be placed to have it appear in Xcode (in the extension, not the original protocol). I will think further and perhaps file a radar for Xcode later.

Incidentally, having explored the mailing lists further it seems that stuff like my original post should start in the swift-users list then works it's way over here. Would that be correct? I don't want to be extra noise in the wrong place.

- Ben