[swift-evolution] SwiftScript

Constantino Tsarouhas ctxppc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:40:22 CST 2015

Swift can already be used as a scripting language on OS X. Just chmod+x and shebang the file (#!/usr/bin/env xcrun swift -i).

As for using it on iOS and the web in the same way as JavaScript/ECMAScript, I personally think Swift is too young for that. IIRC, the authors wanted to go for systems programming next. But I certainly hope Swift’s popularity explodes into all kinds of domains and environments. :-)