[swift-evolution-announce] [Accepted] SE-0092: Typealiases in protocols and protocol extensions

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon May 16 16:05:20 CDT 2016

Proposal Link: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0092-typealiases-in-protocols.md

The new proposal for SE-0092 "Typealiases in protocols and protocol extensions” is proactively approved for Swift.  The core team consider this as an obvious follow-on to SE-0011, and thus doesn’t itself demand a proposal.  However, including a proposal in the swift-evolution archive does have a benefit to keep track of the new capability it enables.

The core team accepted this without a formal review period (because it its obviousness) as an attempt to optimize process.  If there are any serious concerns, please raise them and we are happy to reconsider and start a normal review cycle.

I filed SR-1539 to track this effort.  Thank you to David Hart and Doug Gregor for the proposal, and to Greg Titus
for already starting the implementation work on this!

-Chris Lattner
Review Manager