[swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0131: Add AnyHashable to the standard library
clattner at apple.com
Sat Jul 23 17:26:36 CDT 2016
Hello Swift community,
The review of "SE-0131: Add AnyHashable to the standard library" begins now and runs through July 25. This proposal is a bit unusual, since it is a late additive proposal. The reason we need to do something here is as a critical part of "SE-0116: Import Objective-C id as Swift Any type”, enabling importing untyped NSDictionary's and NSSet’s properly. The core team considers this already conceptually approved for Swift 3 as part of SE-0116, but would greatly appreciate feedback on the details of the proposed design.
The proposal is available here:
Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All reviews should be sent to the swift-evolution mailing list at
or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly to the review manager.
What goes into a review?
The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review through constructive criticism and contribute to the direction of Swift. When writing your review, here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
More information about the Swift evolution process is available at
More information about the swift-evolution-announce