[swift-dev] Adding a CHECK to test case.

Atul Sowani sowani at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 00:47:37 CST 2017

Hi,

clang_inline_opt.swift test case is failing on ppc64le with following error:

/root/swift-source/swift/test/IRGen/clang_inline_opt.swift:10:11: error:
expected string not found in input
// CHECK: define internal i32 @return7() [[CLANG_ATTRS:#[0-9]+]] {
          ^
<stdin>:1:1: note: scanning from here
; ModuleID = '-'
^
<stdin>:34:1: note: possible intended match here
define internal zeroext i32 @return7() #1 {
^

On ppc64le, following change is required to the CHECK string:
// CHECK: define internal zeroext i32 @return7() [[CLANG_ATTRS:#[0-9]+]] {

The original string is:
// CHECK: define internal i32 @return7() [[CLANG_ATTRS:#[0-9]+]] {

How do I add a new CHECK to this file? I tried using CHECK-powerpc64le but
that doesn't work.

Second alternative is to disable this test on ppc64le. For this I tried to
introduce following 2 lines to the clang_inline_opt.swift file by looking
at other similar files:
// REQUIRES: CPU=i386 || CPU=x86_64
// XFAIL: Linux

But this too is not working, How do I make this test skip on ppc64le
otherwise?

Thanks,
Atul.