[swift-dev] Request for review on Windows CMake changes

Greg Parker gparker at apple.com
Tue Dec 12 21:54:31 CST 2017

> On Dec 12, 2017, at 6:06 PM, Saleem Abdulrasool via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> The problems with the cross-compiling that Im referring to are not inherent to CMake (although, I am slightly partial to the autotools approach to cross-compilation), but rather the way that the tool is being used within the context of swift.  As an example, libdispatch is extremely easy to cross-compile thanks to its use of CMake.

CMake's cross-compilation machinery was unable to build for iOS at the time that Swift needed it. It's possible that CMake has improved enough since then that Swift could use more of CMake's built-in capabilities.

--
Greg Parker     gparker at apple.com <mailto:gparker at apple.com>     Runtime Wrangler