[swift-dev] Help request for test failure "IRGen/objc_simd.sil".

Atul Sowani sowani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 03:49:44 CST 2017

Hi,

I am getting following failure while running IRGen/objc_simd.sil on ppc64le
(Ubuntu 16.04).

# /bin/bash objc_simd.sil.script
/root/swift-source/swift/test/IRGen/objc_simd.sil:60:23: error: expected
string not found in input
// powerpc64le-LABEL: define{{( protected)?}} void
@simd_native_args(%T4simd6float4V* noalias nocapture sret, %T4simd6float4V*
noalias nocapture dereferenceable({{.*}}))
                      ^
<stdin>:56:63: note: scanning from here
define protected <3 x float> @simd_c_args_float3(<3 x float>) #0 {

Following two lines from IRGen/objc_simd.sil file seem to be causing this
issue:
// powerpc64le-LABEL: define{{( protected)?}} void
@simd_native_args(%T4simd6float4V* noalias nocapture sret, %T4simd6float4V*
noalias nocapture dereferenceable({{.*}}))

// powerpc64le-LABEL: define{{( protected)?}} swiftcc { float, float, float
} @simd_native_args_float3(float, float, float)

I am not a swift programmer, I am just trying to port swift to ppc64le. I
think these are just comments? I actually don't understand what these lines
and the code following these lines. Is there anything glaringly obvious
here that is causing this issue? What is the good way of approaching this
issue?

Thanks,
Atul.