[swift-dev] SR-3423 Enum RawValue Tuple of Literals

Mohammed Ennabah ennabahm9 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 19:36:51 CST 2017

Hi All,

I’m working on SR-3423, the issue basically is Swift does not allow using literals when they are represented as tuples. Now when I went through the codebase, I found that (AFAIK) it can be fixed by either
a) giving tuples of literals a LiteralExpr, so there will be something like TupleLiteralExpr when they hold literal values.
Or b) changing the condition “The raw value must be syntactically a simple literal” which stated in lib/Parse/ParseDecl.cpp::5223 to comprise a case where the raw value is tuples of literal.
I think that the second case (b) is more specific about the issue, but will it have downsides in the future?