[swift-dev] What can you change in a non-exhaustive enum?

David Zarzycki dave at znu.io
Thu Oct 12 17:51:34 CDT 2017

Hi Jordan,

Bertrand (ex-Apple) would sometimes say during API design that “easy things things should be easy, and hard things should be possible”.

I don’t think you guys need to go out of your way to make the autogenerated 1000-case enum scenario “easy". If people are clever enough to do that, then they can surely handle the fallout of this change. :-)

Dave