[swift-dev] libdispatch switched to CMake

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Mon Sep 18 17:28:19 CDT 2017

Hello swift-dev,

This change should be transparent to everyone, but, it still is a pretty
big milestone.

As of this afternoon, the non-Darwin builds use CMake to build
libdispatch.  This work has been underway for quite some time, and we have
finally switched to that as the default on most targets.  This should be
more or less transparent to everyone developing with build-script or even
invoking CMake for swift directly.

This simplifies some of the logic for integrating the projects and avoid
unnecessary commands from being run.

Thanks particularly to Michael Gottesman, Chris Bieneman, Daniel Steffen,
David Grove, and Pierre Habouzit.  Sorry if I accidentally left someone off
the list!

Saleem

--
Saleem Abdulrasool