[swift-dev] Swift build on ppc64le platform

Meghali Dhoble dhoblem at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 11 07:57:48 CDT 2017

Hi John,
No, I haven't made any changes for Clang. What specific changes you think I
need to have for Clang?

One observation I have for LLVM and  Clang that even though I have
installed them directly using "apt-get install" ; the build-script looks
for the SRC_ROOT/llvm and llvm/tools/clang folders. Also the build-script
runs the build on top of these folders.
I understand if we have system installed dependencies then those should be
used instead of the building it from source; please correct me if I am
wrong here.

PS: As of now I am building using -m option, the build command
is:  ./utils/build-script -m -R

Thanks,
Meghali