[swift-dev] switches versus the visitor pattern?

Slava Pestov spestov at apple.com
Fri Aug 11 17:27:07 CDT 2017

I’ve seen some switches over TypeKind more easily expressed as a series of if/else if statements also.

However unless you come across an ugly switch that you want to refactor while working on something else, I probably wouldn’t spend time actively seeking them out and changing them. I don’t think switching over the kind is considered a code smell in itself.

Slava