[swift-dev] 107 lines of "dead" code in ConstraintSystem::performMemberLookup?

David Zarzycki zarzycki at icloud.com
Tue Aug 8 17:34:21 CDT 2017

In ConstraintSystem::performMemberLookup(), constructors with “simple” names have a dedicated lookup path. In contrast, constructors with compound names are handled by the normal lookup. If I delete this code and let the normal lookup path handle both simple and compound named constructors, I find that all 10,214 validation tests pass on my machine (albeit with slightly different error messages in three test files).

Is the test suite missing a test for this code path and if so, what? Or should it be scheduled for deletion after identical error messages can be generated by the normal lookup path?

Dave