[swift-dev] [swift-users] Swift linux repl can't import

Mason Mark mason at fivespeed.com
Tue Jul 25 23:17:43 CDT 2017

Just to update the record, Matthias M. Schneider posted a workaround on bugs.swift.org.

By setting the C_INCLUDE_PATH and CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH environment variables to point to the Clang headers directory, it is possible to both import Foundation in the REPL (without using -I to pass the header include path) and also to debug a built executable with lldb.

Example is on the bug tracker:

https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-3648?focusedCommentId=27131&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-27131

Cheers,

— Mason