[swift-dev] Pathway to becoming an effective contributor

Jacob Bandes-Storch jtbandes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 02:32:49 CDT 2017

Hi,
I’ve thought about this issue in the past too, and would be happy to help
write some content or at least proofread / contribute tidbits to a guide
for new developers.

As pointed out in this thread, a lot of Swift infrastructure and paradigms
comes from the LLVM community, but spelling that out in a “Getting Started”
guide would be nice. It’d also be worth gathering some tips & tricks for
developing & debugging issues, using Xcode or otherwise.

Would a Markdown document in the apple/swift repo be the best place for
such a thing?