[swift-dev] Override the path to the Swift compiler?

Jimmy Yue jyue at linkedin.com
Tue May 30 18:48:37 CDT 2017

Hey Swift Devs,

Does there happen to be an environment variable, similar to 'CC' for C,
that I could use to override the path to the Swift compiler? If so, is
there also one for ibtool, metal, etc.?

I want to redirect swift calls to a bash script that does some processing
before running the original compile call. Preferably, I would have all the
information available to the swift call (input files, output files, etc.),
which makes using a build rule a little difficult.