[swift-dev] Renaming SILSuccessor -> SILCFGEdge

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Wed Apr 26 15:24:12 CDT 2017

Hey everyone.

I am currently doing some small fixes to SILSuccessor (adding some comments and fixing some issues exposed by LLVM upstream). As I read the code it became pretty apparent that the name is a misnomer... SILSuccessor is not just representing a successor, rather it is representing a whole CFG edge. This can be seen in how SILSuccessor is used to iterate over the predecessors of the block.

With that in mind, I would like to rename SILSuccessor to SILCFGEdge. It will make it much clearer without knowing any context what this data structure is used for.

Any objections, disagreements, flames, etc?
Michael