[swift-dev] Building swift-3.1-branch from source

Ian Partridge ipartridge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:40:42 CDT 2017

On 25 April 2017 at 13:30, Alex Blewitt <alblue at apple.com> wrote:
> You can use ./swift/utils/update-checkout --scheme swift-3.1-branch which will switch the branches to the right place for you. Some of the git repositories aren't necessarily the same; using the update-checkout script to select the right ones will be more successful. You can also use --reset-to-remote if you've made local changes that you want to throw away or want to ensure that it does the right thing from a clean update.

Thanks Alex, I wasn't aware of --scheme.

Unfortunately the same problem is present after using that though:

$ git clone https://github.com/apple/swift.git  # fine
$ ./swift/utils/update-checkout --clone  # fine
$ ./swift/utils/update-checkout --scheme swift-3.1-branch  # fine
$ ./swift/utils/build-script --preset=buildbot_linux
install_destdir=/home/ipartrid/swift-3.1
installable_package=/home/ipartrid/swift-3.1.tar.gz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./swift/utils/build-script", line 27, in <module>
    from SwiftBuildSupport import (
  File "/home/ipartrid/swift-source/swift/utils/SwiftBuildSupport.py",
line 26, in <module>
    from swift_build_support import diagnostics  # noqa (E402)
ImportError: cannot import name diagnostics

--
Ian Partridge