[swift-dev] Mysterious memory improvement and regression

Pavol Vaskovic pali at pali.sk
Mon Apr 24 22:52:49 CDT 2017

> On 25 Apr 2017, at 01:28, Greg Parker <gparker at apple.com> wrote:
>
> The value of MAX_RSS depends on OS behavior. Other activity on the same machine may change MAX_RSS of the benchmark.

Can you please describe the mechanism of how “other activity on the same machine may change MAX_RSS of the benchmark”.?

> The changes you saw might not be "real”.

How was that not real? I have logs that prove that. See the attachment in original post.

> If you re-run the 2017-04-15 builds today, do you still see 3 MB instead of 10 MB?

Nope. If I saw it now, I wouldn’t be searching for that, but congratulating the brave committer that gave us this improvement.

Best regards
Pavol Vaskovic