[swift-dev] How to create my first pull request

Alex Martini amartini at apple.com
Mon Mar 27 18:25:09 CDT 2017

> On Mar 27, 2017, at 1:10 PM, Pavol Vaskovic via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> So far I have completed the "Getting Started” steps:
> * checked out the swift-source
> * got it to compile on my machine (debug and release)
> * manually ran benchmark suite (filed SR-4357, BTW what does SR for?)

Here's the entry for SR in the Lexicon file:

An issue reported on bugs.swift.org. A backronym for "Swift Report"; really the name is derived from LLVM's idiomatic use of "PR" ("Problem Report") for its bugs. We didn't go with "PR" for Swift because we wanted to be able to unambiguously reference LLVM bugs.

https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/docs/Lexicon.rst