[swift-dev] [swift-evolution] Inefficiency in recursive value types

Dimitri Racordon Dimitri.Racordon at unige.ch
Mon Mar 13 13:04:48 CDT 2017

More of a swift-dev topic.  CC'ing there, BCC'ing evolution.

Thanks!
I’ll track the issue over there.

I do have to note that this is a very strange of writing Nat.  Why recurse through a protocol type instead of recursing concretely?

My examples are extracted from a more complex codebase that requires such intricacies (https://github.com/kyouko-taiga/LogicKit for those who might be interested). The protocol is there to represent multiple kind of ADTs that might coexist in a substitution map.