[swift-dev] How to test -assume-single-threaded option?

Jiho Choi jray319 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:01:36 CST 2017

Hi,

I want to try -assume-single-threaded option to measure the overhead of
atomic operations for reference counting.  However, it seems that the
option works as intended with the frontend but not with the driver.  In
other words, I tried two commands below, and only the first command
replaced atomic operations.

swiftc -frontend -emit-sil -assume-single-threaded mytest.swift
swiftc -emit-sil -assume-single-threaded mytest.swift

Is the option disabled for the driver for some reason?

Thanks,
Jiho