[swift-dev] Some feedback / direction on an issue?

Mark Woollard mark.woollard at mac.com
Thu Nov 17 00:07:30 CST 2016

Hi

I decided to see if I could contribute and started looking into what seemed it would be a straightforward issue in Foundation framework for Linux. After debugging this led me to conclude it seems to be a more fundamental issue, maybe with the compiler code generation, around exception handling wrt Linux. I’d be interested in some feedback / guidance on this - am happy to take ownership and see where I might get with it but have a lot of learning to do !

The initial issue I looked at was SR-1547 <https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-1547> in Foundation but this I determined to be the same issue as SR-585 <https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-585>.

I’ve added some comments to these issues relating to my investigation. Anyone have any more insight into this issue or suggestions on where to look next ?

Thanks
Mark