[swift-dev] Swift compiler assertion failure: Assertion `LastArgWritten >= adjustedArg.size()' failed

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:31:14 CST 2016

Hi, I have encountered an internal Swift compiler assertion/bug when
using Swift on ARM (Raspberry Pi).

The assertion is:
Swift compiler assertion failure: Assertion `LastArgWritten >=
adjustedArg.size()' failed

It seems to be related to calling a bridged C function with a C struct
parametert.

I posted on the swift-arm group. hpux735 said this is deeper into the
compiler internals than he knows about so we should see if we can get
the attention of some experts on this because we don't know how to
proceed.

I filed the bug here:
https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-2706

It also contains the simple reproducible test case with a build.sh script.
https://bugs.swift.org/secure/attachment/11334/SwiftArmCompileBug.tar.gz

Thanks,
Eric