[swift-dev] Glibc.swift: error: no such module 'SwiftGlibc'

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:41:14 CST 2016

On 11/9/16, Jordan Rose <jordan_rose at apple.com> wrote:
> Ah, that does help. The logic to build the Glibc module map comes from
> stdlib/public/Platform/CMakeLists.txt, and explicitly checks for “LINUX”,
> “FREEBSD”, “ANDROID”, and “CYGWIN”. Does the Steam-Runtime build use a
> different SDK name?
>
> Jordan

How would I verify/debug this for sure? I haven't been setting
anything differently when I build under Steam-Runtime vs. Ubuntu. (And
I have gotten through a pure Linux (no Android) build under
Steam-Runtime successfully.) Steam-Runtime is just a Linux. (It is
originally derived from Ubuntu 12.04LTS, though it probably has all
its Ubuntu identifiers stripped/replaced.)

I checked the CMakeCache.txt in build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-linux-x86_64

Both files are identical between the Steam-Runtime and Ubuntu versions
when building for Android. The variable SWIFT_SDKS is:
SWIFT_SDKS:STRING=ANDROID;LINUX

Obviously something is different somewhere since it seems to be
skipping the glibc.modulemap in the Steam-Runtime case.

Thanks,
Eric