[swift-dev] smoke test not very smoky?

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Wed Oct 19 05:26:34 CDT 2016

It still seems like, for a smoke test, we're doing way too much work.  This appears to be much more than what I get from build-script -t when I run tests locally.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the intended role of our smoke tests, but since nobody is correcting me, I'm betting not.

Anyway, regardless of the explanation, what can be done about this?  Between a spurious failure in LLDB and the length of the smoke test it took several hours to be able to merge something that could not possibly break the build, which seems absurd.

Sent from my iPad