[swift-dev] Differences between Xcode official toolchains and tagged releases from repository

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Wed Oct 5 11:28:07 CDT 2016

Aha, so the second bug is because home-built toolchains have assertions on by default and Xcode GM toolchains generally have them off. (Not a promise, but true of the last few Xcodes.) Of course, if you hit an assertion failure, there’s no telling what the no-asserts build is actually doing.

I’m not so sure the first bug falls into the same category yet, but it might as well.

Jordan