[swift-dev] Differences between Xcode official toolchains and tagged releases from repository

Xavier Jurado xavier.jurado at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:03:14 CDT 2016

Hello Jordan,

We have filled two bugs against bugs.swift.org to document two crashes
that are only reproducible with our toolchain built from the
swift-2.2.1-RELEASE tag, but that appear fixed in the official
toolchain bundled with Xcode 7.3.1 (7D1014).

Crashers:

https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-2844
https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-2845

Since using the official toolchain somehow fixes the issues we realize
they are far from critical, but we have reported them in hope of
finding the discrepancies between the official toolchain and the the
tagged releases.

Thanks,
Xavi