[swift-dev] Differences between Xcode official toolchains and tagged releases from repository

Daniel Martín mardani29 at yahoo.es
Mon Oct 3 05:34:50 CDT 2016

Hello, all:
Is there any difference between the official toolchains included with Xcode and the tagged releases from the repository? Maybe the Xcode team is using some special flags for compilation or applying internal fixes? I ask this question because we're seeing some projects that compile fine with the official toolchain, but fail to do so with one downloaded from the repository, from the exact tagged version.
Before we investigate this further, is it possible to create an "official" Swift toolchain using the build scripts (for internal use, I assume we cannot upload to the Store with that toolchain)? Does the Xcode team generate the binaries from the repository tags?
Thanks,
Daniel Martín