[swift-dev] Swift CI PR builder dispatch linux failure

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Fri Sep 23 14:55:57 CDT 2016

Dispatch is a separate project.  There isn’t a dependency in the Dispatch project to tell it is building with a new compiler.  The project would need to be modified to add a dependency on the swiftc binary being used to compile this project.

> On Sep 21, 2016, at 9:39 AM, Mishal Shah via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> We should look into why it's not rebuilding dependencies. Do we need to fix CMake logic?  Can you please file a bug?
>

> Thanks,
> Mishal Shah
>
> On Sep 21, 2016, at 9:28 AM, Michael Gottesman <mgottesman at apple.com <mailto:mgottesman at apple.com>> wrote:
>
>> +CC Mishal
>>
>>> On Sep 21, 2016, at 6:59 AM, David P Grove via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org <mailto:swift-dev at swift.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't know how the PR jobs are setup, but the error suggests that they are trying to reuse too much of the workspace of previous runs.
>>>
>>> <unknown>:0: error: module file was created by an older version of the compiler; rebuild 'Dispatch' and try again: /home/buildnode/jenkins/workspace/swift-package-manager-PR-Linux/build/buildbot_linux/libdispatch-linux-x86_64/src/swift/Dispatch.o.~partial.swiftmodule
>>>
>>> --dave
>>>

>>> <graycol.gif>Ankit Aggarwal via swift-dev ---09/21/2016 03:08:58 AM---This has been consistently failing on PRs, can someone look into this: <unknown>:0: error: module fi
>>>
>>> From:  Ankit Aggarwal via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org <mailto:swift-dev at swift.org>>
>>> To:  swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org <mailto:swift-dev at swift.org>>
>>> Date:  09/21/2016 03:08 AM
>>> Subject:  [swift-dev] Swift CI PR builder dispatch linux failure
>>> Sent by:  swift-dev-bounces at swift.org <mailto:swift-dev-bounces at swift.org>
>>>

>>> This has been consistently failing on PRs, can someone look into this:
>>>
>>> <unknown>:0: error: module file was created by an older version of the compiler; rebuild 'Dispatch' and try again: /home/buildnode/jenkins/workspace/swift-package-manager-PR-Linux/build/buildbot_linux/libdispatch-linux-x86_64/src/swift/Dispatch.o.~partial.swiftmodule
>>> make[2]: *** [/home/buildnode/jenkins/workspace/swift-package-manager-PR-Linux/build/buildbot_linux/libdispatch-linux-x86_64/src/swift/Dispatch.swiftmodule] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/buildnode/jenkins/workspace/swift-package-manager-PR-Linux/build/buildbot_linux/libdispatch-linux-x86_64/src'
>>> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2