[swift-dev] Separating ./docs into several folders

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Thu Sep 22 16:59:28 CDT 2016

Over time as the project grows, we are going to need more documentation around CI/policy. Right now we just throw both CI/design docs/policy things into ./docs. This makes the docs less organized and less discoverable. My feeling is we would want to separate the docs into:

./design - This would include design documentation and the proposals folder. This would include things like the Generics Manifesto.
./infrastructure - This would include information about the CI, policy information related to reverting llvm/clang commits
./compiler-internals - This would contain documentation of compiler internals. SIL.rst is an example of what this would contain.

Thoughts?

Michael