[swift-dev] 'SwiftShims': no such file or directory

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:53:23 CDT 2016

I've been trying to build Swift for Linux with --installable-package
to build a swift-package.tar.gz that I can install to another Linux
machine.

When I extract my package on the other machine, and try either
compiling a simple print("hello world") program either with swiftc, or
doing this in the swift repl, I get the error message:
opening import file for module 'SwiftShims': No such file or directory

I don't seem to get this problem on the machine I built Swift on.

I didn't have this problem with Swift 2.3, but I'm always getting it
now with Swift 3.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Eric