[swift-dev] Android: Build error: No such module "SwiftGlibc"

Brian Gesiak modocache at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:01:30 CDT 2016

Swift Android builds successfully for me. Following all the preliminary
steps from https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/docs/Android.md, such
as building libicu, I can successfully build with the following command on
the master branch of apple/swift this morning:

utils/build-script -R \
    --android \
    --android-ndk ~/android-ndk-r12b \
    --android-api-level 21 \
    --android-icu-uc ~/GitHub/apple/libiconv-libicu-android/armeabi-v7a \
    --android-icu-uc-include
~/GitHub/apple/libiconv-libicu-android/armeabi-v7a/icu/source/common \
    --android-icu-i18n ~/GitHub/apple/libiconv-libicu-android/armeabi-v7a \
    --android-icu-i18n-include
~/GitHub/apple/libiconv-libicu-android/armeabi-v7a/icu/source/i18n \
    -- --reconfigure

I haven't tried building --lldb and --foundation, so I'm not sure about
those. I also haven't tried checking out the swift-3.0-release branch.
(It'd be handy if utils/update-checkout could checkout a particular tag
across all repositories!)

I'd recommend using `--reconfigure` to ensure CMake isn't carrying over
values from previous builds. Also, keep in mind that only an Ubnutu 15.10
host is currently supported, as per the documentation. If you're still
having trouble despite all that, let me know as much about your build
environment as you can, and I'll try to help!

- Brian Gesiak

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:52 PM, william via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org