[swift-dev] NSXMLNode.swift: error: integer literal overflows when stored into Int

william william at housedillon.com
Sun Sep 18 20:39:44 CDT 2016

I just noticed this thread.  I have an existing PR at https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/603/files#diff-86379d50d0ad34b20bc3e4544e1b6f67R86 that address this issue.  I have to remove some stuff that was addressed elsewhere before it can be merged, however.

I'll be working on that tomorrow, probably.

Cheers,
- Will

> On Sep 18, 2016, at 3:46 PM, Philippe Hausler via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> The reason for no issue on iOS 32 bit or watchOS is because the value is calculated via NSUInteger which does not overflow at the sign bits like Int. TBH I think the right way to solve this constant is to just emit the raw value directly instead of attempting to emulate c with bitwise or.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 18, 2016, at 2:27 PM, Michael Gottesman <mgottesman at apple.com <mailto:mgottesman at apple.com>> wrote:
>

>>> On Sep 16, 2016, at 4:37 PM, Eric Wing via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org <mailto:swift-dev at swift.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build Swift 3 for Raspberry Pi 2/armv7.
>>>
>>> I'm currently hitting a compile error at:
>>>
>>> Foundation/NSXMLNode.swift:86:351: error: integer literal '4293918720'
>>> overflows when stored into 'Int'.
>>>
>>> public static let nodePreserveAll = Options(rawValue:
>>> Options([.nodePreserveNamespaceOrder, .nodePreserveAttributeOrder,
>>> .nodePreserveEntities, .nodePreservePrefixes, .nodePreserveCDATA,
>>> .nodePreserveEmptyElements, .nodePreserveQuotes,
>>> .nodePreserveWhitespace, .nodePreserveDTD,
>>> .nodePreserveCharacterReferences]).rawValue | UInt(bitPattern:
>>> 0xFFF00000))
>>>

>>> I'm assuming this is probably related to the fact that the Pi2 (armv7)
>>> is 32-bit, though I'm surprised this isn't already seen on iOS 32-bit.
>>> What is the appropriate fix?
>>
>> +CC Tony/Phillipe.
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Eric