[swift-dev] Linux: Build process not finding my ICU

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:21:53 CDT 2016

I'm trying to build Swift 3 on a Linux system that doesn't come with a
usable libICU.
I've built ICU myself and placed it in a non-root directory (along
with a lot of other dependencies not available on my system that Swift
needs).

I've had to reimplement my patch because it looks like a rebase was
done which broke the merge. (https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-1358)

Anyway, I think I've gotten through building the swift compiler
itself, but the build process is now in swift-corelibs-foundation. The
build process fails at #include <unicode/ucal.h> for
CoreFoundation/Locale.subproj/CFCalendar.c

Looking at the build flags in my console, I see no -I flags to the
location of my ICU headers (or any other of my extra dependencies).

How do I fix the build process to make sure these extra paths are searched?

Thanks,
Eric