[swift-dev] CI outage

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Mon Sep 12 01:35:07 CDT 2016

The master-next transition has been completed! We all just moved forward in LLVM/Clang time by ~6 months. Just run update-checkout on master... the stable branches for LLVM/Clang/compiler-rt will fast forward appropriately. *NOTE* This means that to get changes into LLVM/Clang/compiler-rt for stable, one now needs to cherry-pick/commit to swift-3.1-branch instead of swift-3.0-branch.

Mishal just opened up the swift tree again for commits. LLVM/Clang commits will be opened by Fred for swift-3.1-branch he is ready.

Please feel free to email/respond to this email if you run into any problems!

Enjoy!
Michael

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 4:18 PM, mishal_shah <mishal_shah at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Master has been locked, we will send out another email once its open again.
>
> Thanks,
> Mishal Shah
>> On Sep 9, 2016, at 3:39 PM, Michael Gottesman via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> FYI, the tree will actually be locked until Sunday evening. This is so that we can perform the necessary steps to move swift to run on a newer LLVM/Clang, as announced last week.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>>> On Sep 9, 2016, at 10:49 AM, Nicole Jacque via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Due to an HVAC maintenance outage in our lab, we will be taking down the CI systems starting a little after 4 PM California time, and turning them back on on Saturday morning.  We will also be locking master during this time as pull requests will be unavailable.  We’ll send out notification when the systems come back up.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Nicole