[swift-dev] Code reformatting the swift-lldb repo, master and master-next branches [COMPLETE]

Todd Fiala tfiala at apple.com
Thu Sep 8 09:37:15 CDT 2016

Hi all,

I have wrapped up the code reformatting operation for the swift-lldb master and master-next repositories.

Of note:

* The integration of upstream LLVM.org <http://llvm.org/> LLDB svn trunk bits into the swift-lldb/master-next branch happens by way of the swift-lldb/upstream branch.  The upstream branch, which was similarly formatted by Kate earlier this week, has had an merge via ‘git merge -s ours origin/upstream’.  I had already ensured all changes right up to the svn trunk reformatting were already in master-next.  This “-s ours” style merge into master-next, after I reformatted master-next, should provide for smooth merges of new code in svn trunk next time we merge upstream.

* Similarly, swift-lldb/master-next gets the latest Swift-specific LLDB changes from swift-lldb/master.  In an identical fashion, swift-lldb/master was independently reformatted, and it was merged back into the master-next branch via a ‘git merge -s ours origin/master’.  This should provide for smoother merges of changes that happen after the code reformatting.

* All public CI bots on the swift-lldb master and master next branches are back to blue.

Thanks for your patience.  The swift-lldb master and master-next branches are back open for business.

-Todd