[swift-dev] Question about dump-ast and logging the output to file

Marcel Rebouças mscreboucas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 20:36:21 CDT 2016

Hello Dmitri,

Thank you for your answer. Although I didn't tell, I was already able to
generate the output of the astdumper to a file (without using the flag,
just reusing the AstDumper class) when building through Xcode. I understand
that the output is irregular, but I plan to eventually modify the dumper
according to my needs to make the output usable.

Also, I will take a deeper look at SourceKit. It seems to be the correct
way to do it. Thank you very much for the tip.

Thanks,
Marcel