[swift-dev] preview 5 package-tests failure

Drew Crawford drew at sealedabstract.com
Sun Aug 14 01:14:13 CDT 2016

When attempting to build Swift Preview 5 on Linux, I get this error:

********************
Testing Time: 6.02s
********************
Failing Tests (4):
    swift-package-tests :: swift-build-self-host.py
    swift-package-tests :: swift-package-init-lib.md
    swift-package-tests :: test-foundation-package/test-foundation-package.txt
    swift-package-tests :: test-xctest-package/test-xctest-package.txt

  Expected Passes    : 10
  Unsupported Tests  : 5
  Unexpected Failures: 4
./utils/build-script: fatal error: command terminated with a non-zero exit status 1, aborting
./utils/build-script: fatal error: command terminated with a non-zero exit status 1, aborting

When I find out what is failing, it's related to dispatch requiring blocks.  For example, a simple "import XCTest" fails:

$ cat test.swift
import XCTest

$ /swift-dev/build/buildbot_linux/none-swift_package_sandbox_linux-x86_64/usr/bin/swiftc test.swift
<unknown>:0: error: module 'CDispatch' requires feature 'blocks'
<unknown>:0: error: could not build Objective-C module 'CDispatch'

Inserting the required flags works fine:

/swift-dev/build/buildbot_linux/none-swift_package_sandbox_linux-x86_64/usr/bin/swiftc -Xcc -fblocks test2.swift
How can I either insert those flags into the packaging tests, or disable the affected tests?

Drew