[swift-dev] [SourceKit] Include sourcekitd.h in distributed toolchain

Ryan Lovelett swift-dev at ryan.lovelett.me
Tue Aug 9 19:32:08 CDT 2016

The `soucekitd.framework` that comes bundled with Xcode does not include
the headers, specifically `sourcekitd.h` [1]. On the other hand, the
toolchains that get downloaded from Swift.org do come with the headers.
Is there any particular reason for this?

The reason why I ask is that libraries that interface with SourceKit,
e.g., SourceKitten [2] and node-sourcekit [3], are having to bundle the
`sourcekitd.h` in their code bases [4][5] in order to compile against
the distributed framework. It would be wonderful the _standard_
distributed framework on macOS contained the headers.

I understand that this is not exactly the correct forum to ask Xcode
questions. But this one does not strike me as a _strictly_ Xcode
question. Of course if it is I suppose I will file a Radar.

[1]
https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/adee86068e0941dfc6fd7da18e88abc9f7748fd9/tools/SourceKit/tools/sourcekitd/include/sourcekitd/sourcekitd.h
[2] https://github.com/jpsim/SourceKitten
[3] https://github.com/RLovelett/node-sourcekit