[swift-dev] Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Clang"

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Wed Jul 20 16:07:20 CDT 2016

I started with an absolutely clean re-clone, used bash (normally I use tcsh),  made sure
to do `export PATH=/Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin:$PATH`,

CMake Error at cmake/modules/SwiftSharedCMakeConfig.cmake:155 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Clang" with any of
  the following names:

    ClangConfig.cmake
    clang-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Clang" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Clang_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Clang"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/SwiftSharedCMakeConfig.cmake:212 (swift_common_standalone_build_config_clang)
  CMakeLists.txt:398 (swift_common_standalone_build_config)

I'm flummoxed. Anyone able to give me some pointers to get past this?

Thanks in advance, -- E