[swift-dev] Optimal Work Flow

Lau Bao laubaolu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:17:55 CDT 2016

Hi everyone ,

I am new the the mailing list and am trying to figure out a optimal work flow.

I am currently making a change in the stdlib and building the tool
chain through the (swift/utils/build-toolchain) and debugging
toolchain via REPL and break pointing code to step from test code in
to stdlib source. How ever i can't figure out to set a breakpoint on a
file and line number in the stdlib.

I have a few general questions, any insight would be much appreciated.

1) Any one know of a way to set a break point at file and line number
e.g breakpoint set --file --line ?

2) Any one have a alternative work flow in command line or IDE?

3) Process on debugging test cases, I am just running the script and
checking if it fails or not

thank you guys in advance