[swift-dev] [swift-users] Swift 3.0 Preview 1 Branch and Tag Updated

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Thu Jun 30 11:29:23 CDT 2016

> On Jun 30, 2016, at 00:33, Drew Crawford via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I attempted to compile this on OSX El Capitan using the same process I've been using for snapshots, and got very many failures.  Can't find anything related in bugreporter, mailing list, or google.
>
> Is there a CI run for this tag I could stare at to compare what is wrong with my build script profile?  Could it be that I need to tell build-script to link with the new SDKs in some way?

Yep, this is the problem—Swift 3 needs the new beta SDKs now. I forget if there are direct build-script arguments, but you can

1. `sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode-beta.app` (or wherever the beta is)
2. Delete the CMakeCache.txt files from each build (or just scrap your whole build directory).
3. Reconfigure by rerunning build-script.

You should be able to xcode-select back to your working Xcode after the CMake configuration is complete.

Jordan