[swift-dev] Foundation Thread exhaustion on Linux

Joseph Bell joe at iachieved.it
Sun Jun 26 17:45:18 CDT 2016

Howdy,

I've opened https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-1908 against Thread (NSThread)
in Foundation.  I noticed several weeks ago while working with it on a
Raspberry Pi 3 that Thread.start() eventually doesn't actually start a
thread.  This was found a lot faster on the Pi 3 than on a largish x86
server.

Anyone familiar with the Thread.swift implementation in
https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation, I'd love your
assessment of whether my code (in SR-1908) is correct or whether I'm
missing a crucial call to free up resources.  I thought Thread.exit() would
do this for me.

Joe

--
Joseph Bell