[swift-dev] [Foundation] Remove/disable availability declarations on OSX? What to do with them?

Karl razielim at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:14:59 CDT 2016

Actually, on closer look I’d like to do it the other way around and clean up my changes and integrate the python script in to the build script for OSX.

The reason is that it produces a dylib, which is easier to install in an xctoolchain. I tried putting the .framework in the toolchain’s /System/Library/Frameworks, but I wasn’t able to import it.

Also, it would be a good idea to rename ‘SwiftFoundation’. I understand why you’d want to give it a separate name from the first-party one as it doesn’t support Objective-C, but ‘SwiftFoundation’ is literally the only other name it can’t have. Like this, you’re not able to have the first-party platform overlay cohabiting in the lib/swift directory.

I called mine ‘PortableFoundation’, and when building as a dynamic library I was able to load it up like any other module.