[swift-dev] How to run the tests out-of-tree?

Karl Wagner razielim at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:24:18 CDT 2016

I’m cross-compiling a native compiler. That is to say, I’m not building a cross-compiler in the way we build for Android or iOS: a native compiler with foreign standard libraries. Both the compiler and stdlib are foreign to the build machine.

I’d like to produce an installable package (that much is good), and a standalone package of tests. I’ll have a go at it in the next few days, then maybe we can add an installable component to produce a test package. I was pretty disappointed that the  “testsuite-tools” component we have basically links back to the in-tree tests; It’s not really “installable".

Karl