[swift-dev] Why are we re-linking?

rintaro ishizaki fs.output at gmail.com
Thu May 5 23:08:59 CDT 2016

Hi all,

getSwiftFullVersion output must take account stdlib revsion?

How about get the revision hash from the Swift repository
*excluding* stdlib/, test/ and validation-test/ directories.

git log -1 --pretty=format:%H -- \
    . \
    :(exclude)stdlib \
    :(exclude)test \
    :(exclude)validation-test

Instead of,

git log -1 --pretty=format:%H

Or more specifically, just include only "compiler" related directories:

git log -1 --pretty=format:%H -- include/ lib/ tools/

I've wrote PoC code