[swift-dev] Build failure for Linux: "No such module: SwiftGlibc"

Timothy Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Thu Apr 21 23:46:46 CDT 2016

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 1:57 AM, Karl Wagner via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I’m trying to cross-compile Swift for the Raspberry Pi. I’ve got the tools and most of the standard library compiling, but I’m getting stuck trying to build the platform components for Glibc. Swift is just complaining that the “SwiftGlibc” module doesn’t exist. I’d appreciate it if anybody could help trying to find out why.
>
> I’ve been whittling down at the compile command, trying to figure out why it isn’t finding/building the module.

In this message <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.devel/1710 <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.devel/1710>> there was a suggestion to make a symlink to work around this issue (but when building on Ubuntu x86_64, I think). Perhaps something similar would work?

What steps are you using to get as far as you have? I’m not having a lot of luck so far…

-tim