[swift-dev] R_ARM_GOT_PREL error when building Swift on Pi from source

Timothy Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Sun Apr 17 15:55:31 CDT 2016

> On Apr 15, 2016, at 6:45 PM, Joe Groff <jgroff at apple.com> wrote:
> What linker are you using? GNU ld 2.26 in particular changed the behavior of protected visibility in a way that's incompatible with our usage, and we haven't fully implemented a workaround. You might try using gold or an older binutils, if that's what you're currently using.

I could have sworn I was using gold, but looking at my logs it was using the standard linker. Perhaps I’m remembering an attempt from the Swift 3 sources… Anyway, my current attempts are using this invocation now (though I’m getting other failures now):

	utils/build-script -t -R  -j 4 -- --use-gold-linker

Thanks!

-tim